2014-07-25

Arrived in Belgium

I got in to Belgium on Wednesday (today is Friday). My last post was at London Heathrow where I was waiting in the lounge for my next flight. After that post, I had lunch, the massage, and then went to the gate for my flight to Brussels.
Lunch was some tasty pasta

Plane for my flight to Brussels

The flight was good. I took some pictures from the air, had a nice afternoon tea, and was amused with the map. It zoomed out so far that the picture of the plane was bigger than the distance between London and Brussels.
Trains looked like little snakes 

Vegetarian afternoon tea on the flight. Some kind of curry tofu

Dover (or near Dover) with France out in the distance.

Over the English channel and we can see France!

Might be Calais?

French port, you can see smoke coming up

Same amount of allergens as ingredients

Well this is useless

Construction on the highway, you could see the cars crossing over

About to land, hello IKEA!

Hello Brussels tower!
Since I was seated right up front, I was one of the first to disembark. Made it quickly through passport control (also nice to have EU citizenship) and waited for my bags. I was able to snag a little cart but lost my spot at the carousel as people started hovering around it, as if asserting dominance over the magic that is baggage claim. While I waited, I noticed something slightly familiar, and realized there was a table set up for people coming in for Tomorrowland. I wish I had thought of it earlier (much, much earlier) so I would've made plans to go, but maybe next year.
Tomorrowland at the airport

As the luggage was starting to come out, I saw one of my bags as one of the first ones through. Since I had 3 bags checked, it would be a challenge to get them all out and on the cart. Of course, people won't budge even when you're pulling a huge bag off the carousel (jealous, obviously, of my luck of the draw) so I had to snake my way around, pulling bags and running back to grab the next one. My uncle and cousin picked me up, we loaded the bags in a smaller car. Got to my grandmother's place with no delays but in unusual heat (for Belgium, at least). It's a great location because there are trams and busses that take me right into town, so it's pretty easy for me to go anywhere I want.
Yay trams!
I did go into town last night for some drinks and had a very good time. Today I'm going to the Royal Palace as it's open for public tours during the summer. Going to bring the DSLR for this one, as the area is very beautiful and the weather is nice right now. Look for pictures on the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment