2014-07-23

Left America

Several months ago, I decided I wanted to try and see what it's like to live and work in Europe. Having dual citizenship with Belgium and USA means I don't need any sort of visa to come and live/work in Europe. Long story short, I quit my job, packed my bags, and bought my flight for Brussels.



I had enough miles for a one-way business class ticket on British Airways. This means lie-flat seats and lounge access.

Lounge in Miami was quite nice, I had a drink and some snacks before boarding the 747 that would take me to London.
That's the plane there, my seat being on the upper deck (first time doing that!). The seat was huge, I had a lot of leg room, 3 windows to claim as my own, and, of course, champagne.
3 windows

Plenty of legroom (that's the footstool in front of me)

Since I have a rear-facing seat, that's what I saw out of the closest window.

Champagne before takeoff

Looking from my seat towards the front (that's the cockpit door)

From my seat towards the back (with cute flight attendant)

Kir Royal in the making

Not a huge fan of champagne on its own, but with cassis it's tasty!

Salad before the meal

Vegetarian meal
Didn't actually sleep much on the flight since I was a bit nervous/excited. I did watch Saving Mr. Banks, which was listed as "Comedy" but made me tear up a few times. I skipped breakfast since they serve breakfast in the lounge at Heathrow.
The 747 in London. Quickly snapped this picture, came out surprisingly well

In the lounge at LHR, it's big

With full bars, of course.

All the food/snacks will say if it's suitable for vegans/vegetarians. Awesome!

Saw an A380 take off
I booked a complimentary massage at the lounge and took a shower so I feel refreshed before my next flight. As I write this post I still have about 3 hours on my layover, but I've found plenty to do. I watched an episode of Dragons' Den (in the US it's Shark Tank) on BBC's iPlayer with the free WiFi in the lounge, wrote this blog post, checked email, had breakfast, snacks, apple juice, and just waiting to see if real lunch food shows up in the lounge while I wait for my massage appointment.

Next up, I'll be spending the rest of the week in Brussels with family. On Sunday I'll take a train to Berlin as I've got 2 job interviews there next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment