2014-08-03

Berlin (Part 2)

I'll start by re-posting the link to the Flickr album from Part 1.

To recap, had my interviews on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I switched hotels and did some visiting/shopping, but the weather wasn't great. Thursday was then a fully free day before traveling to Copenhagen on Friday. Since the weather promised to be nice on Thursday, I planned to go to Tempelhof Airport to see the abandoned airport that's now a park. Tempelhof is known for being the site of the Berlin Airlift. The airport closed in 2008. The city opened the airfield as a park in 2010. I took a panoramic picture from the runway, which you can see here.



It's a very surreal experience to walk in the park. The runways and taxiways are still painted as such, and you can appreciate the size of aircraft when you walk along there. I didn't get a chance to fully explore the park because while I was there, I got an exciting email saying I was being offered a job! I took some more photos and made it back to my hotel to follow up on the offer.

I'll leave the details of my new job for another post, once the contract is signed and when I don't have a million other things to say!

While I was in Berlin I found many different vegetarian restaurants and food stands. It was nice to have so many options to eat there. One place, called Vego Foodworld, had good veggie burgers and organic beer.
Ate the food, but here's a picture of the beer
I'm excited that I'll be living there. I spent some time researching apartments really quickly and figuring out a budget. I had done some preliminary research on phone plans as well, but I was only looking at prepaid with international data at the time. In a month I'll be starting a new job, so there's a lot to do until then.

I'm posting this on the train from Copenhagen to Stockholm. My next post will be about Copenhagen, and I hope to get that out to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment